Senior Consultant – Financial & Operational Performance Services
Microscope-HC, a unique healthcare consultancy company in Central New York, is seeking an enthusiastic senior healthcare consultant that is looking to learn and grow within the company. You will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with the broader Microscope team in delivering the highest quality service to our clients; interact directly with our clients on a regular basis to better understand and serve their needs; and grow and develop your career with support and mentoring from our experienced consultants.
The Senior Healthcare Consultant will have opportunities to provide financial and operational performance related services to the company’s clients, including some of the largest hospitals, health systems, long term care facilities, and care providers in the area. These services may include staff loan services, financial statement preparation, hospital service line analyses, benchmarking and operational and accounting control improvements.
Our culture places great emphasis on integrity, teamwork and quality of life. Our benefits include, but are not limited to the following:
• Competitive salary and incentive plans
• Generous paid holidays, time off
• Potential for flexible work arrangements
• Company 401k plan
• Dozens of Company events and programs
• Open to fully remote work arrangements
Key Responsibilities include:
• Run projects simultaneously, managing workloads effectively and taking responsibility for project outcomes.
• Strong understanding of financial statements, basic accounting principles, and financial analysis concepts.
• Demonstrate the ability to efficiently and effectively use reimbursement and accounting‐related software.
• Demonstrate proficiency in questioning assumptions and data to ensure accurate analysis
• Demonstrate the ability to effectively work independently and demonstrate critical thinking
• Demonstrate excellent and effective communication skills by keeping the team informed as to the status of the project
• Identify opportunities to engage clients on future projects.
• Undergraduate or Masters' degree in Accounting preferred, but Finance or Business Administration with accounting experience acceptable.
• 2+ years’ experience in a financial health care setting or healthcare industry audit experience.
• Proficient knowledge in MS Office applications, advanced Excel skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated diagnostic, analytical, and quantitative skills
• Integrity, Intellectual Strength & Agility, Energy, Passion, Curiosity, Humility
Our culture places great emphasis on integrity, teamwork and quality of life. We offer an excellent compensation/benefits package including a competitive salary, health insurance, retirement savings plan and the opportunity to grow with an industry leader.
FustCharles LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
*By submitting your resume, transcript and other pertinent information, you authorize FustCharles LLP to share said information with firm personnel involved in recruiting and, specifically, those who participate in your interview, should one take place.*